A Gentle Approach to Healthy Living
PEDIATRIC AND ADULT CIRCUMCISION
Pediatric and Adult Circumcision located in Culver City, Serving
Southern California / San Francisco / Phoenix / Las Vegas
Teen Aftercare Instructions
Helping every teen recover from circumcision the right way.
- Sponge bathing is recommended to avoid wetting the bandage during the first 48 hrs. Showering is permitted after 48 hrs.
- Remove the bandage 48hrs after your procedure during the first shower.
- Stand in a warm shower for several minutes allowing the bandage to moisten. This will allow you to unravel the bandage easily.
- Once the bandage is off, you may shower regularly up to once a day.
- Do not sit in a bath or submerge in water
- You’ve been prescribed medications, please take as directed.
- DO NOT TAKE: aspirin, ibuprofen, motrin and advil after surgery since it thins your blood and promotes bleeding.
- Tylenol is also safe for pain.
- Small spots of blood are normal.
- Immediately contact our office if you see continuous bleeding or excessive swelling.
Bruising and Swelling:
- Bruising and mild swelling is normal up to 30 days after surgery.
- If you are sexually active, avoid intercourse for 4 weeks after surgery.
- Once you resume sexual activity, use condoms for 2 additional weeks to avoid damage to the healing scar.
- DO NOT drink alcohol for one week
- DO NOT smoke for one month.
- You may return to work in as soon as 3 days, depending on your job.
- No heavy lifting (over 10lbs) for 7 days.
- Exercise can resume in 1 week.
Most frequently asked question/concern:
- Why does it look infected?:
A yellow-whitish film may develop in the first few weeks after surgery. This is normal. This is not pus and/or a sign of infection.
- Itching is a normal part of heeling.
Follow up Appointment:
- Please send email healing image to firstname.lastname@example.org on:_______________________
Emergency phone number: (310) 897-5056
Call our office immediately if:
- Temperature greater than 101.5
- Difficulty urinating
- Bleeding significantly
- Severe swelling
- Severe Pain