Adult Aftercare Instructions
Sponge bathing is recommended to avoid wetting the bandage during the first 48hrs.
Showering is permitted after 48hrs.
Remove the bandage 48hrs after your procedure during the first shower.
Stand in a warm shower for several minutes allowing the bandage to moisten. This will allow you to unravel the bandage easily.
Once the bandage is off, you may shower regularly up to once a day.
- Do not sit in a bath or submerge in water (pool etc.).
- You’ve been prescribed medications, please take as directed.
- DO NOT TAKE: aspirin, ibuprofen, motrin and advil after surgery since it thins your blood and promotes bleeding.
- Tylenol is also safe for pain.
- Small spots of blood are normal.
- Immediately contact our office if you see continuous bleeding or excessive swelling.
Bruising and Swelling:
- Bruising and mild swelling is normal up to 30 days after surgery.
- NO sexual intercourse for 4 weeks after surgery.
- Once you resume sexual activity, use condoms for 2 additional weeks to avoid damage to the healing scar.
- DO NOT drink alcohol for one week
- DO NOT smoke for one month.
- You may return to work in as soon as 3 days, depending on your job.
- No heavy lifting (over 10lbs) for 7 days.
- Exercise can resume in 1 week.
Most frequently asked question/concern:
- Why does it look infected?:
A yellow-whitish film may develop in the first few weeks after surgery. This is normal. This is not pus and/or a sign of infection.
- Itching is a normal part of heeling.
Follow up Appointment:
- Please send email healing image to firstname.lastname@example.org on:_______________________
Emergency phone number: (310) 897-5056
Call our office immediately if:
- Temperature greater than 101.5
- Difficulty urinating
- Bleeding continuously
- Severe swelling
- Severe pain on medication